By becoming a Rankings Subscriber for $27.95 you can search and sort the rankings in many different ways. Our newest search function lets our members search for up to three names at a time and display their tournament results in different windows for side by side comparison. Of course, our popular features of sorting by grad year and state are still available as are the state competitive rankings.
There is still no charge to become a Ranked Player and every visitor still has free access to the overall rankings and search by last name feature.
So sign up today! Or skip and go to the rankings.
Simply Click here to get started or call us 804-935-1800
Boys Rankings Girls Rankings
UNDERSTANDING THE RANKINGSEligibility
To be eligible to be ranked in The Junior Golf Scoreboard rankings a player must meet the following criteria.
- Have competed in four multi-day stroke play tournaments within the last 365 days for which we have received the results and they are listed by the same name and hometown.
- Have their high school graduation year in their tournament record. Missing yours? Read next paragraph.
- Still be in high school or prior to August 1st after graduation.
Have competed in an age group that:
- completes at least 36 holes in a competition that is conducted under the USGA rules of golf,
- has a minimum of 5 competitors that complete all scheduled rounds,
- has played from a minimum of 4,500 yards and not shorter than the forward most USGA rated tees, and
- there is no stroke limit rule in place.
The rankings are a work in progress and some names might be missing because we do not have a player's graduation date and/or we do not have results for them for the required minimum of four tournaments. Click on the letter below that matches the first letter of the last name to see the players that are missing their graduation dates. Please email us that information.- A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
How the rankings are computed
We use three criteria to compute a player's overall and against all players within their graduation class.
- Individual Scoring… For the 75 % of the player's lowest scoring differentials, this is simply the average difference of their score compared to the USGA rating of the courses they played in their tournaments. In other words how well does this player score when playing in tournaments. This criteria counts for 65% of a player's ranking calculation.
- Strength of Field… The number displayed here is the result of our proprietary ranking formula that determines a score for all the tournaments played by this individual. Again, simply put, a lower number means they played against stronger players and the closer two players' strength numbers are, the more similar the competitiveness of their tournaments. This criteria counts for 25% of a player's ranking calculation.
- Strength of Finish… This table displays the finishes for the player. Finishes count 10% in the ranking computation and their value is computed based on the number of players in the field and the strength of tournament. Results in the rankings table are displayed as follows; If you win an overall combined age group competition or if you win an age group not part of an overall competition, you get credit for a win. (Winning an age group that is part of an overall competition does not qualify for a win). If there are 10 or more players who finish in your age group and you finish 2nd thru 5th for that tournament, you receive credit in the Top 5 column. If there are 20 or more players who finish in your age group and you finish 6th thru 10th for that tournament, you receive credit in the Top 10 column. You only receive one credit in these columns per tournament played in. (These finish credits are different than what you see on the professional tours due to the fluctuating field sizes in junior golf.)
Special note : We have made a conscious effort to rely more on scoring than on how big the tournaments were that a competitor played in. Selected national tournaments still play an important role in determining our rankings, but our system also lets any non-high school multi-day stroke play tournament count. We believe this will make for a more inclusive approach and will bring recognition to more players.
Have questions? Comments? Suggestions? E-mail or call 804-935-1800. We welcome your input.